Frequently Ask questions about Neocash
Purchase & Activation
When you receive your prepaid Neocash MasterCard®, you need to sign the card in the “Mandatory Holder Signature” space, then identify yourself by following the instructions in the welcome pack.
So that the holder can access the balance on their Neocash MasterCard card or top up its balance, they must first have provided their identification information (to top up more than €1,000).
- at the website, www.neocash.fr
- over the phone, to an adviser, on +33 (0)8 25 567 109
- by text to +33 (0)6 69 25 25 25
Once your card has been activated and topped up, you can use your Neocash MasterCard payment card immediately in 210 countries, at the over 32 million merchants that accept the Neocash MasterCard payment card.
All you have to do to get your PIN is text “PIN”, followed by a space, followed by the last 8 digits of your card number to +33 (0)6 69 25 25 25.
Use and Features
- To pay in any MasterCard network-affiliated shop, which is 32 million outlets in 210 countries.
- To withdraw money with no restrictions, using your Neocash MasterCard payment card in the automated teller machines (ATMs) of MasterCard-affiliated banks, of which there are over 24 million worldwide.
- To pay online with no restrictions and complete security with your Neocash MasterCard payment card at any site bearing the MasterCard acceptance mark.
- To share money with your friends and family when you both have Neocash MasterCard payment cards.
- To turn cash into payment-card credit by topping up in cash at one of 25,000 tobacconists and newsagents.
- To take control of your budget by capping your spending. You can spend only the credit available on your Neocash MasterCard payment card.
- To give as a gift to friends, family or colleagues, so letting them choose where to use their Neocash MasterCard payment card from 32 million merchants in 210 countries, or withdraw money from any MasterCard-affiliated ATM, or pay online at any commercial website bearing the MasterCard acceptance mark.
- As a stop-gap if your normal means of payment is lost or stolen, or for people who do not have access to a bank account (banned or simply do not want one).
You can use your Neocash MasterCard payment card anywhere that MasterCard is accepted. Use it to pay for your purchases in shops the world over, with over 32 million merchants in 210 countries, to withdraw money in over 1 million merchants, and to pay for your online purchases at sites displaying the MasterCard logo.
Yes, at any commercial website displaying the MasterCard logo
Yes. If the merchant accepts MasterCard payment cards.
Yes at over 32 million MasterCard network -affiliated merchants in 210 countries.
Yes, at over 1 million MasterCard-affiliated ATMs.
Yes, there is no solvency requirement. The Neocash MasterCard prepaid payment card does not require a bank account.
Yes, in the following ways:
- A holiday camp, a study trip, a language exchange, a stay abroad or with family, day-to-day spending, etc.
- To manage pocket money.
- A real tool to teach your children about and familiarise them with money, so that they gain some independence and learn to manage their budget.
- You top up your child’s card online as much and as often as you want.
- The Neocash MasterCard payment card enables you to pay merchants for purchases, and to withdraw money from ATMs in France and abroad.
- Your children can only spend the sums available on their cards, thanks to the systematic authorisation function.
- You and your children can monitor the transactions made online.
(Terms & Fees Apply)
You use the Neocash MasterCard payment card like a traditional bank card; to pay for purchases throughout the world and online, and to withdraw money from the MasterCard-affiliated network. The only difference is that the Neocash MasterCard payment card does not require you to open a bank account, register or provide supporting documentation* (topping up less than €1,000).
The Neocash MasterCard card operates on the standard MasterCard networks. It can be used like any credit or debit card. The sum credited to the card can be used by card holders at participating merchants and to withdraw money from ATMs. The money is immediately debited from the card holder’s balance once the transaction has been authorised. The value of purchases or withdrawals are only deducted from the card balance when the sum of money has been used up. The card can be topped up at any time. A complete transaction history can be accessed 24 h per day using our online account-management service.
Yes. To secure your transactions, you must enter a PIN.
You receive your 4-digit PIN by text while you are activating your card.
All you have to do is text “PIN”, followed by a space, followed by the last 8 digits of your card number to +33 (0)6 69 25 25 25.
The Neocash MasterCard payment card is a card that immediately debits, is subject to systematic authorisation and is not linked to a bank account.
You can spend only the credit available on your card and no overdrafts are possible.
The Neocash MasterCard payment card is not a credit card, where the bearer’s spending is debited from a renewable credit reserve (money reserve).
Unlike the Neocash MasterCard payment card, a credit card allows you to defer payment for your purchases, or to pay them off in instalments.
Credit cards are linked to a bank account.
When acquiring a Neocash MasterCard payment card, does the bearer have to sign a contract or accept the card’s general terms and conditions of sale?
When acquiring a Neocash MasterCard, does the bearer does have to read and accept the card’s general terms and conditions of sale. These general terms and conditions of sale are approved by the issuing bank. Using the card constitutes acceptance of the general terms and conditions of sale.
See the general terms and conditions of sale.
How long does it take before the funds transferred to my Neocash MasterCard payment card can be used?
If you top up with Neosurf or with a Neocode voucher, the funds are available immediately.
By bank transfer: the length of time depends on how long your bank takes.
Yes. To do so, all you have to do is provide your BBAN and specify the last 8 digits of your Neocash MasterCard payment card as the description of the transfer form.
In cash, by buying Neocash or Neosurf top-ups or the Neocode vouchers available from some 25,000 tobacconists and newsagents.
By bank card.
By bank transfer.
By card-to-card transfer.
Find Out More
You can credit up to €1,000 without proof of identity.
If you want to top up more than €1,000, all you have to do is send a colour photocopy of an official identity document and of proof of address directly online, at www.neocash.fr, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the following address: NEOSURF, 10 rue Pierre Brossolette, 94270 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre.
Neocode vouchers: €20, €50, €100 and €250.
Neosurf top-ups: €10, €20, €50 and €100.
Services & Charges Linked to the Card
The holder should urgently contact the lost and stolen service on +33 (0)1 80 96 16 60.
The holder’s Neocash MasterCard prepaid card is cancelled and they are sent a replacement card for a fee. For more detail, visit Legal Notices and General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Find Out More
Your Neocash MasterCard payment card is valid for 2 years.
After that period, it will no longer be possible to use the card.
You can request:
Either a replacement Neocash MasterCard payment card. The balance remaining on your old card will then be immediately available.
Or the balance remaining and close the electronic funds account attached to your Neocash MasterCard payment card.
For more detail, visit Legal Notices and General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Find Out More
The holder of a Neocash MasterCard prepaid card has privileged and secure access to clear information, in real time, via a personal online account. This free service enables all clients to find out what their remaining balance is and access the details of the transactions they have completed.
Holders can check their transactions and their credit 24 hours per day 7 days per week, using the free online account-management service.
The holder can also request a text of their Neocash MasterCard balance to the registered mobile phone number by texting “BALANCE”, space, then the last 8 digits of their Neocash MasterCard number to +33 (0)6 69 25 25 25 (cost: €0.20 + whatever the text sent by the holder costs).
No. Holders cannot accrue interest on their Neocash MasterCard for top-ups or spending.
All the charges related to using your card can be found on this site.
No. The Neocash MasterCard payment card is not a credit card and is not linked to your bank account. That means you are not asked to provide any evidence of your assets or debts.